The Best Clean Humor on the Internet

The internet is awash with humor. Some jokes are funny, while others are clean. Here we have the rare, yet valuable, funny, clean humor. Send your funny, clean humor to me.



Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Dilbert Blog: Humor Formula


When you steal, steal from the best.

Scott Adams of Dilbert fame posted his thoughts on what is funny. In this blog, we eliminate the Naughty and keep Cruel to a minimum. Thus proving you can be clean and still be funny. Scott said so it must be true. Argue with Dogbert if you don't concur.

Quoth Scott in The Dilbert Blog: Humor Formula:
"So I’ll just give you the highlights here. The core of humor is what I call the 2-of-6 rule. In order for something to be funny, you need at least two of the following elements:

Cute (as in kids and animals)

Naughty

Bizarre

Clever

Recognizable (You’ve been there)

Cruel

I invented this rule, but you can check for yourself that whenever something is funny it follows the rule. And when something isn’t, it doesn’t."

I am using a 2-of-4-and-a-half rule. Not Naughty ( I want Santa to visit me this year) and only Cruel if its truly funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home